Saturday 6 October 2007

Christmas And The Case Against Care In The Community









Christmas comes
but once a year.


To us normal folk - and yes, Duff, that does include me - Christmas is one of those things forced upon us by the marketing spivs in suits, and which typically might have an annual shelf-life of 12 hours to 12 days.

But not for this pair of cheerful simpletons from South Wales, oh no.

As early as 4th September, newly-weds Craig and Kelly Kitchener, who live in Rhondda, had wrapped each other's presents, decorated a tree, and plonked a nine foot tall inflatable Satan Santa outside of their home.

They are quoted by the BBC as saying:

"We just wanted to get into the Christmas spirit. We are like big kids but we both love Christmas".

Mrs Kitchener goes on to say:

"All I'm hoping for is snow for Christmas day now and it will be perfect", while her husband added: "If I had a choice I wouldn't bring them (the decorations) down".


It's enough to make a grown man cry. These chumps not only have the vote (and it's because so many chumps of their ilk do have the vote that we have the shysters in Governement that we do), but they are also most likely elegible for jury service.


Such is one of the less harmful, but most noisome legacies of Care in the Community.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've won the "odd one out" competition - it's you on the right because you are the only one with a beard - and I claim my prize, now!

(Er, oh dear, slight error of navigation, I gather; well, it's past my bedtime and the little 'Memsahib' did make the cocoa rather strong tonight, now just remind me, who am I again ...?)

Elmer Quigley Gooseburger said...

You sir, are David Duff.

Avaunt thee Duff, and get back to thy blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I can't argue with you on this one. Except ... a possibility ... well they might live in Wales, but are you sure they're Welsh?

Yeah ok, I s'pose you're sure - after all, the dickhead's even wearing the rugby shirt.

Blush blush.

Elmer Quigley Gooseburger said...

Sir HM; please see here.

Many thanks.